Saturday, May 8, 2010

CP Helicopter Down!

A week ago I was trying around the living room when I smelled something burning. So I landed. Went over and took the cover off. The ESC and Motor were so hot I couldn't touch them. You could ignite tissue paper it was so hot. The smell, I think, was the outer plastic of the wires.

So I contacted helihotline at hobbico dot com to see if there was something I could look at. Their first thought was that the pitch might be set too high. So they gave me the instructions to set it at 45%. However, this doesn't really explain the ESC.

Their next question was when did I purchase it, from where, and what my address was. Turns out the motor and ESC are covered under warranty. Their shipping me new ones. There's light at the end of this dark tunnel. I thought I was going to have to spend the $90 to replace them.

Now we just have to invent transporters, replicators or ID Portals so I can keep flying...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this information about CP helicopter. It is very nice contents. I am very impressed from your contents. Your information is really informative for us. Radio controlled helicopter are use of controlled speed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. operating radio control helicopter is little bit tricky rather than remote control heli.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read on the other board, that the wires from the motor, if they are touching they might cause some kind of resistance causing the motor to run hot. Due to the high amp. And to fix the problem keep the wires separate from each other..Nitrotek

    ReplyDelete